Today Carly Rae Jepsen's second full-length studio album hit the ears of thousands and left them very happy -- including mine. Kiss is a catchy, fun loving, pop album with plenty of radio friendly songs to keep this 26-year-old pop star on the airwaves. To make my argument easier for you to digest, here are 5 reasons why you will love Carly Rae's Kiss! Get ready to dance y'all!
1. It's a happy pop album -- and we all need one of those in our lives. An album you can put on while you're getting ready for a night out or to dance around your room to when you are staying in. Carly Rae's currently single, "This Kiss" is the perfect example. I dare you to put it on and not dance. Really I dare you, take a listen below.
2. According to the album's credits Carly is credited as a writer on 10 out of 12 songs on the album. Aren't you curious to see what she has up her sleeves? I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
3. Next reason to love the album is because it features an adorable duet with Justin Bieber. This marks Bieber's first duet with a gal, and the song is loveable. "Beautiful" has avery sweet message (similar to One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful) and Justin and Carly's voices make a great pair.
4. Some of music’s best producers in music helped to bring this album to life! Including Max Martin (Britney Spears and Katy Perry), Dallas Austin (Madonna and Gwen Stefani), and her boyfriend Matt Koma to name a few. This album is incredibly produced; Carly Rae was in excellent hands.
5. The song "Guitar Sting/ Wedding Ring” is enough of a reason to LOVE this album. The song caught my ear's attention more than any of the other on the album. I am not sure if it's the imagery of a guy proposing with a homemade ring made of a guitar sting that tugs at my heart, or the insanely catchy melody, but this song has been on repeat all afternoon. The rasp of her voice reminds me of a girl version of Joe Kirkland of Artist vs. Poet. Take a listen.
And there you go pals, 5 reasons to check out and loveCarly Rae Jepson's new album,Kiss. One of the best pop albums I have heard in a long time -- and I am a kid of the 90s!!! You can buy the album now, avalible on iTunes!
Let's talk music let me know your thoughts in the comments below. #musicrules.