Kelly Clarkson is turning 31-years-old, so to honor this fantastically talented lady here are 15 reasons she rules. Happy birthday Kelly!
1. She is the original American Idol and a billion years later (okay 11 years later), she is still a completely relevant artist.
2. She is a great role model and isn't caught up in the "glamour" of Hollywood.
3. She is admittedly a dork and that makes me feel like we could be legit pals.
4. Also she loves karaoke -- so yes we could totally be pals.
5. She isn't afraid to stretch her musical chops and did a KILLER cover of Eminem’s "Lose Yourself."
6. She had an emo period and went against Clive Davis' advice and released My December (my favorite of her albums).
Also the album debut at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 soooo....
7. She is responsible for the song we all caught our boyfriends singing along to, "Since You Been Gone."
8. She is sweet to her fans.
9. She is empowering to females and speaks her mind.
10. She has some Grammys y'all!
11. From Justin To Kelly is a good guilty pleasure movie, right?
12. She has sass.
13. She gets "feelings" man.
14. She had RAIN ON STAGE during a MTV VMA performance like a badass. I will never forget this performance.
15. She sang for Obama.
BONUS 16. Oh and when she sings it sounds like angels and fairy dust is coming out of her mouth. Girl has soul!
So yea, she kind of rules. #musicrules.
Why do you love Kelly Clarkson?
Let's talk music, let me know your thoughts in the comment below.